Our Accredited Climate Emergency Training for the Construction Sector will help upskill businesses/organisations and people involved with the sector, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
With figures showing the built environment is currently responsible for up to 40% of climate change causing greenhouse gas emissions UK wide, it’s clear that the sector has an important part to play in combating climate change - from net zero new builds to retrofitting previous projects. And with the cost of living presenting multiple challenges to businesses and households, it's also clear that a greener, more efficient built environment can benefit all of us.
Developed in collaboration with construction-sector professionals, find out more below how this training can help you understand the Climate Emergency and respond effectively. Or get in touch with our Environmental Services Manager Katie Murray to enquire about commissioning this training.
Who is this training for?
Businesses and organisations involved with the construction sector. Your organisation might be currently working in the construction sector, be supporting actions related to construction, or simply interested in the area.
This training can be delivered for anyone within your organisation, and at any level and role - from apprentices through to company directors.
What will you learn?
This training will help upskill organisations and people involved with Scotland's construction sector, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
- Understand how Scotland's construction sector will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand sources of greenhouse gas emissions, in the sector and your organisation.
- Learn how tackling emissions within the sector, and your organisation can develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- Find out co-benefits of tackling construction emissions.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
What certification will you get?
- The course is accredited to meet the Carbon Literacy Standard by the Carbon Literacy Project, and participants that successfully complete the course receive a certificate confirming that they are Carbon Literate.
- Organisations can move towards Carbon Literate Organisation status.
Training delivery and adaption options
- 8 hours of learning, covering 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive online live sessions and self-study activities.
- To ensure that the learning is relevant to your context there are opportunities to work with us to insert your own materials.
Why train with us for your construction training?
- We've partnered with some of the biggest construction companies operating in Scotland and UK-wide to develop this training and ensure it's relevant to the sector.
- We've delivered the training to a variety of construction companies, with many repeat bookings.
- We've trained a vast range of staff at construction companies - from apprentices to company directors, with roles from architects to fitters.
- This training is fully accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
- We've received some fantastic feedback from previous training:
"Relevant to my profession, clear and inspiring."
"I am now more aware of the impact of climate change and how as an individual and business leader l can create change."
"Very informative about net zero."
Feedback on our Climate Emergency Training for Construction from course participants representing Robertson Construction in 2022/23.
What's the cost of the training?
Cohort of up to 10 participants
Additional participants (up to 5 more per cohort)
£100 per participant
Adaptation fee - work with us to insert your materials
Carbon Literacy certification and administration
£15 per participant
What's the process to develop a course?
Please get in touch with our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.
You might also be interested in our other Climate Emergency Training...
Learn more about our 8 other sector-based Climate Emergency Training courses.
If you want more flexibility with content, we can work you to build and accredite a course that's completely tailored to your context with our Customised Climate Emergency Training.
Or you might want to consider our Introductory Climate Emergency Training if you want a shorter, introductory level of training.