Why take this training?
This training will help upskill organisations and people involved with communities/community-led organisations, so they have the knowledge required to successfully respond to the Climate Emergency and help move towards net zero.
We include community-specific content to help you:
- Understand how Scotland's communities will be impacted by climate change.
- Understand greenhouse gas emission sources in communities and your own organisation.
- Learn how tackling emissions within the sector and your community/organisation can lead to more efficient and resilient communities.
- Find out co-benefits of tackling emissions, such as improving local areas and developing skills.
- Understand the science of climate change and the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’, ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
What certification will you get?
- The course is accredited to meet the Carbon Literacy Standard by the Carbon Literacy Project, and participants that successfully complete the course receive a certificate confirming that they are Carbon Literate.
- Organisations can move towards Carbon Literate Organisation status.
Training delivery and adaption options
- 8 hours of learning over 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive live sessions and self-study activities.
- To ensure that the learning is relevant to your context there are opportunities to work with us to insert your own materials
Why train with us for your communities training?
- We've delivered Climate Emergency Training across Scotland for communities since 2016, with training supporting staff and volunteers at community-led organisations, community leaders and more.
- We've empowered over 1,000 projects run by communities to take action on climate change over the 10 years we managed the Scottish Government's Climate Challenge Fund.
- We've worked with communities across Scotland to empower them to develop Community Climate Action Plans tailored to their areas.
- We've helped hundreds of communities to embed climate action into their local initiatives.
- This training is fully accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project for the purpose of Scotland's communities, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
What's the cost of the training?
Starting price (plus VAT) for online training is outlined below.
To deliver the training in-person will include additional costs, such as travel, which we can discuss with you, and outline in your personalised training proposal. We can quote for venue hire and catering on request.
Training course for cohort of up to 10 participants
Additional participants (up to 5 more per cohort)
£100 per participant
Adaptation fee - work with us to insert your materials
Carbon Literacy certification and administration
£15 per participant
What's the process to develop a course?
Please get in touch with our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.
You might also be interested in...
If you want more flexibility with content, we can work you to build and accredite a course that's completely tailored to your context with our Customised Training.
Or you might want to consider our Introductory Training if you want a shorter, introductory level of training.
If you are in the Highlands, we are facilitating the Highland Community Waste Project, which includes a climate change strand or the Highland Cup Movement pilot a large-scale, reusable cup scheme in the Highlands linked to the route of the iconic NC500
Or you could get in touch with us to help you develop a Community Climate Action Plan for your community.