Climate Emergency Training
**Our Introduction to the Climate Emergency for Sport workshop will be held on 25 & 31 October. Find out more**
Our training helps businesses, organisations and individuals across Scotland to understand the Climate Emergency and respond to the risks, responsibilities and opportunities ahead.
In addition to the physical impacts of our changing climate, The Scottish Government's declaration of a Climate Emergency means changes for the way that we do life and business in Scotland, as we strive to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
But what practical actions can you and/or your organisation take to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, adapt to climate impacts and ensure your successful transition to a greener way of doing things?
From Accredited Training to Short Introductory Sessions, we are working across sectors and subjects to help businesses, organisations and individuals understand the Climate Emergency and mount a successful response.
You can view a matrix that summarises and compares all our Climate Emergency Training here.
We are a Scottish-based environmental charity, and since pioneering Climate Emergency Training in Scotland in 2016, have supported over 5,000 people to become Carbon Literate, including representatives of businesses, organisations and individuals.
Catherine Gee, our Deputy Chief Executive.
Our training is tailored to the Scottish context and will help you understand:
- Climate science and causes of climate change.
- The meaning of terms like ‘net zero’, ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
- How you and/or your organisation will be impacted by climate change.
- Efforts to tackle and adapt to climate change.
- Practical actions you can take to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and help future-proof your business, organisation, and homelife.
We offer Accredited Climate Emergency Training and shorter Introductory Training options
Our training spans sectors and subjects to help businesses, organisations and individuals understand the Climate Emergency and mount a successful response.
We have training available to book now, plus options for commission which can be tailored to your needs.
We offer Introductory Climate Emergency Training including short webinars, longer workshops and our eLearning module.
We'll help you to build your training package
Do you want Carbon Literate certification for yourself, your employees, or your organisation? Or are you taking a very first step in understanding the Climate Emergency? We can help.
- We can work with you to create a package of training that is relevant to your needs and context, delivered over an appropriate time period.
- Training can be organised for anyone within your organisation, and at any level.
- Your training package could include a mixture of accredited and introductory training.
- In addition we can offer support with registration of participants, analysis of results and promotion.
What's the process to book or commission training?
Our other training is available to commission, please get in touch with our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.
You might also be interested in...
Our 90-minute online workshop provides a fantastic opportunity for anyone involved with the sport sector in Scotland, to consider climate change impacts and start/advance their planning for net zero.
This award recognises best practice in environmental and carbon management as well as maintenance, waste management and community engagement.
Our new course will help you understand the value of nature and biodiversity, reasons behind its decline and how to support the recovery of habitats which will benefit planet and people.
We can help you prepare for the climate impacts your sport will be affected by and to be ready for legislative changes, we can also support you to improve efficiency and save money.