Community Climate Action Plans
Supporting communities to develop their own Community Climate Action Plan
We are delighted to be working with seven communities across Scotland to develop bespoke plans for climate action.
The successful applicants (who we will be announcing shortly) will receive support from our community climate facilitator, to help their community to develop its own unique plan to address the climate emergency. In addition, we’ll highlight inspiring ideas from across Scotland and beyond, and signpost to potential funding and further technical advice.
This opportunity is being provided as part of Scotland’s COP26 community engagement programme and funded by The Scottish Government.
What we offer
- A community climate facilitator to help our successful communities develop their own Community Climate Action Plan.
- Inspiring ideas of what could be possible from communities across Scotland and beyond.
- Input from groups who have already developed a Community Climate Action Plan with Keep Scotland Beautiful, and access to a growing network of communities.
- Support to help plan activities that will be most suitable for each community.
- Signposting to potential funding opportunities and further technical advice if needed.
What we need from a selected community
- A community that is enthusiastic about acting together to reduce emissions at a local level.
- The community should have a clear geographical boundary and strong sense of identity – for example, a school catchment area, a town or one or two neighbourhoods.
- A core group representing a range of community interests to take ownership of the process.
- Commitment to take part in approximately seven online meetings of around 1.5 hours each.
- Commitment to do some agreed actions in between online meetings.
- One individual from the core group to be Keep Scotland Beautiful’s main point of contact for detailed planning.
Applications to this programme are currently closed. Please contact our Community Climate Officer, Aisling Brady for more information: email@example.com | 07514 928030