We can help businesses, organisations and individuals understand the Climate Emergency and respond effectively to the risks, responsibilities and opportunities ahead.
All of our Accredited Climate Emergency Training goes through a rigoruous assessment process with the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
We have training options suitable for businesses, organisations and individuals and the training can be delivered for anyone within your business or organisation, at any level.
Participants completing our Accredited Training will have the opportunity to be certified as Carbon Literate, with organisations having a fantastic chance to set themselves on the route to be accredited as a Carbon Literate Organisation.
Being Carbon Literate means gaining knowledge of the carbon costs and impacts of activities and identifying positive actions to tackle them.
Our Accredited Training will help you to:
- Understand the science of climate change.
- Understand how your organisation will be impacted by climate change - in terms of physical impacts and new regulations and expectations, as Scotland moves to a low carbon future.
- Understand the meaning of terms like 'Climate Emergency', ‘global warming’, ‘climate change’ ‘net zero’ and ‘carbon footprint’.
- Get Carbon Literate - identify greenhouse gas emissions of your activities, and practical actions you can take to reduce them.
- Develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
We offer 4 types of Accredited Training
Our Accredited Climate Emergency Training has options suitable for businesses, organisations and individuals. This training can be delivered for anyone within your organisation, and at any level and role.
All our Accredited Training consists of 8 hours of learning over 4 modules, which is delivered online through a combination of interactive live online sessions and self-study activities.
We have standardised 'Open' training available to book online now, and a large variety of training that can be commissioned, plus customised offerings.
Our Accredited Training options:
Open for anyone to book online and takes place quarterly. You can also commission this course exclusively for your business/organisation.
Sectors include Biodiversity, Communities, Construction, Energy, Housing, Local Authority, Tourism, Transport and Youth, with options to insert your own materials. For commission by businesses and organisations.
Work with us to develop and accredit a course tailored to your context, with additional options to learn how to train your own staff. For commission by businesses and organisations.
From time-to-time we offer free training on specific subjects through work with various partners.
Why being Carbon Literate is important
- Having a Carbon Literate workforce is vital to help businesses and organisations meet the new regulations and customer expectations that a net-zero Scotland will bring.
- Businesses and organisations with a Carbon Literate workforce will find they can develop more efficient, cost-effective and resilient operations.
- And as an individual, you’ll find the training empowers you to take effective action on climate change and develop your skills and experience.
Why train with us?
- All of our Accredited Climate Emergency Training goes through a rigoruous assessment process with the Carbon Literacy Project, so you can be assured of the quality of each course.
- We've worked with specialist partners to ensure that course has relevant content and resources.
- We've delivered accredited Climate Emergency Training across Scotland since 2016, with fantastic feedback.
- Over 5,000 participants have been certified as Carbon Literate by The Carbon Literacy Project after completing our training.
- We've worked with a hundreds of businesses and organisations, from sole traders, right up to some of the biggest companies operating in Scotland.
- We've delivered training to people across Scotland at all levels of businesses and organisations - from apprentices to CEO's.
What's the process to book or develop a course?
Our Accredited 'Open' Training takes place quarterly and spaces are available to book now.
For courses available to commission, please get in touch with our Environment and Place Services Manager, Katie Murray to discuss your requirements and timescales.
Environment and Place Services Manager
You might also be interested in...
We also offer shorter Introductory Training that can be used as an alternative to Accredited Training, or to complement it.