Climate Emergency Training
We must all play our part and do what we can to combat climate change.
Our training helps people and organisations understand the climate emergency and respond to the risks, opportunities and responsibilities ahead.
We are working extensively across sectors and subjects to help businesses, individuals and organisations explore the climate emergency.
We are the official partner in Scotland for the award-winning Carbon Literacy Project and together have been delivering training since 2016.
In May 2019, the Scottish Government declared a climate emergency and has pledged to drastically reduce emissions from Scotland in the next 10 years. This will mean new legislation and technology that will bring significant changes to the way that we do life and business in Scotland.
But what practical action can you and/or your organisation take to minimise its impact on the environment and help Scotland achieve its net-zero target by 2045?
Our training will help you to:
- Understand the science of climate change.
- Understand how you and/or your organisation or community will be impacted by climate change.
- Appreciate the significant changes we will all need to adapt to as Scotland moves to a low carbon future.
- Identify practical actions you can take to reduce emissions and future-proof your organisation.
All our training is currently delivered online.
We have four course options:
- Our Introduction to the Climate Emergency eLearning course (for individuals, businesses and organisations)
- Our monthly Climate Emergency Training (for individuals)
- Our bespoke Climate Emergency Training (for businesses and organisations)
- Our advanced Climate Emergency Training (for individual, businesses and organisations) – please enquire for further information
Click below to find out more about our training options.
Taster Training Options
We are also delighted to currently offer taster training opportunities for certain organisations and sectors through fully funded spaces. If you and your organisation are in the early stages of considering your climate change impacts and planning for Net Zero, this training provides a fantastic opportunity to get you started. Click below to find out more and book
- If you are over 25 and living in Scotland we have free training available through Climate Emergency Literacy Skills in partnership with Skills Development Scotland
- If you live or work in Falkirk we have free training in partnership with Falkirk Council through the UK Government's Community Renewal Fund
- If you are a voluntary/not for profit organisation, we have a programme of training running in partnership with Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations
“I would definitely recommend the training, it’s important to understand that decarbonisation is everyone’s job and not just that of the sustainability team. The training gives us the confidence to apply changes to our everyday working lives. It really is an essential course for everyone and we can only start making the shift if we all put climate change at the heart of our work.”
Councillor Anna Richardson, City Convener for Sustainability and Carbon Reduction, Glasgow City Council
Thank you to Keep Scotland Beautiful for providing us the opportunity to help our community get first-hand knowledge about climate literacy and more importantly take practical actions both collectively and individually to achieve a low-carbon footprint for a sustainable and environment-friendly lifestyle.
Hassan Zaidi, Energy Adviser, Al-Mahdi Foundation Glasgow
To discuss your needs or find out more, contact Claire Herbst.