LEAF Action Plan
Your LEAF Action Plan is the place where you can keep a track of your LEAF aims and activities. It is also a great tool for checking your progress at the end of your LEAF journey.
Your first step in starting your Action Plan is to choose a Theme for you LEAF journey. Your Theme will help you focus your LEAF work on an area that is important to you. Visit our Theme page to help you choose a theme.
Once you have chosen your Theme, you can get started on creating your LEAF Action Plan. Your Action Plan can be in any format you choose. We have an Action Plan Template, which you may find useful, or you can create your own.
The key areas to include in your Action Plan are:
- Aims: Where you want to get to at the end of your LEAF journey.
- It is no problem to include long term projects that carry over to your next LEAF journey, but it may help you to break these down into smaller milestones that can be achieved in the timescale of your current journey.
- Actions: The activities you will do to reach your aims.
- Action planning: Who will carry out your actions and when.
- Progress checking: How will you know if your actions have been successful in achieving your aims?
- Evaluation: Look back over your actions and identify if your actions were successful in achieving your aims. (This will be done at the end of your LEAF journey.)
You need a minimum of three actions to qualify for your LEAF award.
You need to ensure your actions cover the following requirements:
Our LEAF resources page has lots of additional resources to help support you in meeting these requirements.
Once you have completed your Action Plan, you have the option to submit a draft for feedback to check if you are on the right track. We recommend sending your Action Plan to us within three months of starting your LEAF journey. If you would like feedback, send your Action Plan to email@example.com and feedback will be sent to you within three weeks.