How To Guide
Taking part and registration:
Complete our registration form to sign up. LEAF is an annual programme following the school year. You need to register by the beginning of October to take part in this year’s programme.
Once you have registered, please complete our initial LEAF coordinator survey. This must be completed by 16th October for you to be fully registered for the Award.
LEAF programme outline
LEAF is an annual award, following the academic year. The steps of the programme are as follows:
- Register as a LEAF establishment and complete our LEAF coordinator survey.
- You need at least one staff member to act as LEAF coordinator for your establishment.
- Work through the steps of the Forest Cycle.
- You must submit a draft Action Plan by 30th November.
- You can count your LEAF award towards an Eco-Schools application.
- You can take part in our celebration showcase on Monday 10th June.
Relationship to Eco-Schools
LEAF can be completed as a standalone award, or as part of an Eco-Schools Green Flag award. If you are using LEAF as part of your Eco-Schools application, LEAF can be counted as up to three actions (one topic).
Training and Support
We have a series of group meetings to support your completion of the LEAF Award.
Please visit our Training Page to see details of the meetings and to register to attend. All meetings take place at 4pm and are recorded for those who are not able to make it on the day.