Congratulations on achieving your Green Flag Award!
We've provided a host of useful resources to help you celebrate your achievement below, including useful guides for hanging your flag, communicating your achievement, and even miniature flags!
- Log in to Eco-Schools Scotland and click “Start New Application”.
- Make sure all contact details are up to date.
- Start working towards your Renewal Application, due 24 months from when you received this communication.
- Upload your new Draft Action Plan within three months.
How to hang your Green Flag
Now that you have achieved an Eco-Schools Green Flag for your school, here are instructions on how to hang it on a flagpole.
Green Flag Communications Pack
To help you celebrate your new Eco-Schools Green Flag Award we have developed resources to support how you share this good news:
- Key information about Eco-Schools Scotland and Keep Scotland Beautiful.
- How to talk about your Eco-Schools Scotland Green Flag online (newsletters, e-zines, social media).
- How to contact local media including a sample press release.
- How to engage your elected representatives (MP’s, MSP’s, Local Councillors) and sharing the news.
All documents contain guidance on using the Eco-Schools Scotland and Keep Scotland Beautiful logos and contact details in case you need further support with this.
Printable Celebration Green Flags
Print these Green Flags and stick them to pencils or sticks to celebrate your school’s Green Flag Award.
Printable Eco-Schools Bunting
Perfect to hang in your classroom, on a bulletin board or decorate to celebrate your Green Flag Award.
Colour Your Own Eco-Schools Green Flag
A printable Green Flag to colour yourself and hang on the wall.