Climate Ready Classrooms
Welcome to Climate Ready Classrooms
Helping young people navigate the science behind climate change and reducing their carbon footprint.
What is Climate Ready Classrooms?
Climate Ready Classrooms is a one-day accredited Carbon Literacy training course designed for High School pupils. It uses interactive activities and examples to start a conversation about climate change. Upon completing the course, pupils receive Carbon Literacy accreditation.
Join a national network of carbon literate ambassadors acting on climate change issues in their schools and communities.
Climate Ready Classrooms will help your school:
- Adopt a whole-school approach to climate action.
- Reduce your carbon footprint and use resource more efficiently.
- Connect to a network of carbon literate ambassadors.
- Support planning for choices and change through Curriculum for Excellence.
- Develop STEM skills and support the Developing the Young Workforce agenda.
- Receive an accredited certificate of Carbon Literacy.
- Develop evidence for your Eco-Schools Green Flag Award.
Climate Ready Classrooms can be delivered for Primary Schools, Secondary schools or as a Train the Trainer course for educators.
Geography teacher Hayley Leitch describes her experience:
This brilliant experience has inspired to me change/alter my actions to lower my carbon footprint and to spread awareness among my peers to hopefully inspire them to take action just like me.
Brandon Lei (S6) Lornshill Academy
The class really enjoyed the carbon cycle activity and the whole-day workshops which completely incorporated active learning, and enthusing a new generation of learners in battling carbon emissions.