Climate Emergency Training
We must all play our part and do what we can to combat climate change.
Our training helps people and organisations understand the climate emergency and respond to the risks, opportunities and responsibilities ahead.
We are working extensively across sectors and subjects to help businesses, individuals and organisations explore the climate emergency.
We are the official partner in Scotland for the award-winning Carbon Literacy Project and together have been delivering training since 2016.
In May 2019, the Scottish Government declared a climate emergency and has pledged to drastically reduce emissions from Scotland in the next 10 years. This will mean new legislation and technology that will bring significant changes to the way that we do life and business in Scotland.
But what practical action can you and/or your organisation take to minimise its impact on the environment and help Scotland achieve its net-zero target by 2045?
Our training will help you to:
- Understand the science of climate change.
- Understand how you and/or your organisation or community will be impacted by climate change.
- Appreciate the significant changes we will all need to adapt to as Scotland moves to a low carbon future.
- Identify practical actions you can take to reduce emissions and future-proof your organisation.
All our training is currently delivered online.
We have four course options:
- Our Introduction to the Climate Emergency eLearning course (for individuals, businesses and organisations)
- Our quarterly Climate Emergency Training (for individuals)
- Our bespoke Climate Emergency Training (for businesses and organisations)
- Our advanced Climate Emergency Training (for individual, businesses and organisations) – please enquire for further information
Click below to find out more about our training options.
New: Climate Emergency Training for Biodiversity and Nature
Have you ever wondered how nature will respond to the Climate Emergency?
Do you want to understand how your actions can make a positive difference to the natural world and protect the plants and animals that make Scotland an amazing place to live?
Our new training highlights the link between climate change and the biodiversity crisis, exploring how organisations and individuals can lower emissions to protect nature through low carbon behaviours and nature-based solutions.
FREE Taster Training Options
From time to time we are delighted to offer accredited training opportunities and shorter workshops through fully funded spaces. If you or your organisation are in the early stages of considering your climate change impacts and planning for net zero, these are fantastic opportunities to get you started.
- If you are a voluntary/not for profit organisation, we have a programme of free accredited training running in partnership with Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations. Book now via Eventbrite.
“I would definitely recommend the training, it’s important to understand that decarbonisation is everyone’s job and not just that of the sustainability team. The training gives us the confidence to apply changes to our everyday working lives. It really is an essential course for everyone and we can only start making the shift if we all put climate change at the heart of our work.”
Councillor Anna Richardson, City Convener for Sustainability and Carbon Reduction, Glasgow City Council
Thank you to Keep Scotland Beautiful for providing us the opportunity to help our community get first-hand knowledge about climate literacy and more importantly take practical actions both collectively and individually to achieve a low-carbon footprint for a sustainable and environment-friendly lifestyle.
Hassan Zaidi, Energy Adviser, Al-Mahdi Foundation Glasgow
To discuss your needs or find out more, contact Katie Murray.