Development Grants of up to £1,500 are available to help community-led organisations to scope out a potential climate action project with the aim of subsequently completing a CCF Grant application or an application to another funder.
Development Grants can support activity including:
- A consultation event
- Planning or developing a project using ‘Shifting Normal’ methodology
- Training, including on the ‘Shifting Normal’ methodology that should be used to plan and develop CCF projects
- Application writing support, this could include reviewing a Grant Recipient’s existing CCF project using the ‘Shifting Normal’ methodology
- Expenses relating to a Climate Conversations event
- The costs\associated with visiting, or working with, a current or previously funded CCF project
- Engaging a mentor to support project development / implementation
Using ‘Shifting Normal’
Shifting Normal is designed to help community-led organisations tackling climate change maximise their success by taking account of how change happens when planning, carrying out and reviewing their activities. Shifting Normal is informed by the Individual Social and Material (ISM) approach to behaviour change and draws on the experience of community-led organisations to help understand better how change happens, and to use this knowledge to work towards positive change.
We have produced further guidance on how to use Shifting Normal including a video guide.
There are monthly deadlines for the submission CCF Development Grants, with funding decisions being made the same month.
|Deadline for submission||Grants considered|
|14 July||28 July|
|11 August||25 August|
|15 September||29 September|
|13 October||27 October|
All Development Grants must be spent and your project completed by 31 March 2018. Your Welcome Pack will contain the information we would like you to submit to us at the end of the funding period.
Please check our Development Grant Frequently Asked Questions to see if they answer your question.
If you still have questions after reading all the guidance on this webpage and consulting the Development Grant Frequently Asked Questions you should contact your Development Officer if you are a current CCF grant recipient. All other community-led organisations should call 01786 471333 or email email@example.com