Apply for a CCF Grant
Submitting an online Expression of Interest is the first stage in applying for a Climate Challenge Fund grant, but before you complete this please check that you are eligible to apply.
Before you complete your Expression of Interest for a Climate Challenge Fund (CCF) grant, you must check that your organisation and project meet the key criteria. It is also important to check that items and activities you plan to include in your project are eligible for funding.
We've included a checklist below for you to review before you complete an Expression of Interest.
CCF criteria for community-led organisations
Your organisation must meet all of the four of the criteria below to be eligible to apply for CCF funding.
1. Scottish based
2. Led by the community
3. Operating on a not for profit basis, or a trading company wholly owned by a not for profit organisation
4. Legally constituted (by the time of being awarded funding, if not at the time of application)
CCF criteria for projects
Your project must meet all four of the CCF project criteria below to be eligible for CCF funding.
1. Community – community must be at the heart of decision making process of the project and projects must be designed and delivered by communities themselves
2. Carbon Reduction – the funded activity should lead to measurable carbon reductions, improve carbon literacy and help communities move to low carbon living
3. Sustainable Legacy – the project should deliver a low carbon legacy, with outcomes (activities and/or behaviours) that continue after the project is completed
4. Improved climate literacy – projects should seek to deliver increased understanding of climate change in their communities.
Eligibility of specific items and activities
It is also important to check that items and activities you plan to include in your project are eligible for funding. You can access further information via the links below.
Energy efficient refurbishments of community-owned buildings (Please note energy generating equipment such as boilers or renewable energy systems do not qualify for CCF Funding).
Current CCF Grant Recipients
Community-led organisations currently in receipt of CCF funding can submit an Expression of Interest for further funding, but will be required to demonstrate how their new project will achieve additional outcomes.