SSN Conference – Videos and Resources
The SSN Conference 2016, Public Sector Climate Action: Pathways to 2030, explored how Scotland’s public sector should respond over the next ten years and beyond to delivering on the country’s climate change targets.
The event mixed policy discussion and practical insights, focussing on how to unlock the potential of public sector climate action, how to increase momentum, and how to foster improved partnership working.
Just over 200 delegates from 98 organisations attended the event, with 88% rating the conference as ‘excellent’ or ‘good’.
Conference participants heard from four key speakers, and had the opportunity to attend one of nine parallel sessions, which provided insights into a range of topics.
Videos available include presentations from:
- Matthew Bell, Chief Executive, Committee on Climate Change
- Professor Sir Jim McDonald, Principal and Vice Chancellor, University of Strathclyde
- Andrew Darnton, Managing Director, AD Research & Analysis
- Heidi Hauf, Principal Sustainability Advisor, Forum for the Future
PowerPoint presentations are available to download from the nine parallel sessions:
- Becoming a Good Food Nation
- Sustainable Procurement: Delivering Sustainable Outcomes
- Demonstrating a whole system approach to realise the aims of Scotland’s Energy Strategy
- Scotland’s Energy Efficiency Programme
- How to take control of your business transport
- ‘Smarter Choices, Smarter Places’: delivering targeted local interventions to influence sustainable transport choices
- Understanding and incorporating behaviours into plans and projects for reducing emissions
- Climate Change Co-Benefits
- Culture Shift: Working with the arts and culture for mitigation and adaptation
14 December 2016