St Andrews West Sands
St Andrews West Sands
Famous for the opening scenes of the film Chariots of Fire West Sands extends for almost two miles of uninterrupted sand backed with dunes and the world-renowned golf course. The beach is about 15 minutes walk from the town centre. There is plenty of car parking, lots of information available and zoning of the beach to keep sand yachts and families apart. It is very popular for walking and running on as well as for swimming. Shops and restaurants are close by and there are plenty of wet weather alternatives, including the Golf museum and nearby Castle and Cathedral.Beach Safety Staff patrol the beach during the peak summer season. RNLI Lifeguard service provided Sat 25 June 2016 – Sun 21 Aug 2016 inclusive. Supervision provided 7 days a week with 2 lifeguards on duty at any one time (1 x senior and 1 x grade 1- 3). Supervision between the hours of 1000 - 1800.
The beach is accessed from A91 Cupar - St Andrews road. It is 15 minutes walk from the bus station.
Contact Details:
Robbie Blyth
01592 656080