Corporate Social Responsibility Support
Building a reputation as a responsible, sustainable business can set you apart from your competitors and by acting responsibly by reducing resource use, waste and emissions you can help the environment and cut your costs too.
We can help you to do this whilst making the process easy and simple for you.
What is corporate social responsibility?
It is the action that businesses voluntarily undertake over and above the minimum legal requirements that they are required to adhere to. An ever increasing number of businesses worldwide are recognising the opportunities that corporate social responsibility brings. In addition, an increasing importance is being attached to supporting social value contributions specifically for businesses dealing with public sector customers. There is no definitive list of actions you can take to put corporate social responsibility practices into place within your business. Responsibility should be developed based on the products or services you offer and by reviewing your practices and values.
There are four key areas of corporate social responsibility:
Environment - How your business impacts on the environment locally and globally.
Community - How your business interacts with the communities in which it exists.
Workplace - How your business enhances its workplace for its staff.
Economy - How your business interacts within its marketplace and the wider economy.
What we offer
We can work with you to develop a package of support that will help you to achieve your corporate social responsibility goals in a way that is fundamentally good for your business as well as the wider environment.
The areas where we can help include:
- Environmental quality audits: We can carry out an audit of your premises to give you a clear picture of how your business is performing against our environmental quality criteria.
- Resource efficiencies: We can advise on how to use resources effectively and efficiently to achieve a reduction in environmental impacts. We can also help you to be more energy efficient and provide relevant training to your staff to support this process.
- Waste management audits: We can audit your waste management process to ensure that it is as efficient as possible. If improvements are required, we can offer a consultancy service to help you move from managing waste to preventing it in the first place.
- Carbon management: We can advise you on carbon management to enable you to identify your businesses’ impact on the climate and how to mitigate and control these effects.
- Policy and legislation: We can provide you with policy and legislation consultancy services to help you plan for the future and reduce the risk of sudden damage to your reputation and possibly sales due to lack of compliance.
- Sustainable procurement: We can advise and support you to ensure that you procure your resources in an efficient and cost effective manner which brings benefits to your business and community as a whole whilst helping to minimise environmental impact.
- Training: We can improve environmental understanding and practice among your employees, suppliers and other stakeholders.
- Employee engagement: We can offer volunteering opportunities to your staff as part of a corporate volunteering programme.
Playing your part in the community brings benefits. Evidence suggests that ‘giving something back’ can strengthen your brand. As part of progressive values, it can build trust and deepen relationships which, in turn, can attract and keep customers (Scottish Govt, 2016). We can help shape your approach, or directly undertake social value activities on your behalf as part of your commitments.
Here are some ways in which you can get involved and contribute:
- A donation to us helps us to continue our work in communities all around Scotland.
- We can work with you and your local community to run community clean ups to improve your local environment.
- Participating in our education projects to help to improve the environmental understanding and skills of our young people.
- Participating in our awareness raising projects to help inform the wider public about our work to improve the environment of Scotland.
- Partnering with us means that we can work together to help create a more sustainable Scotland.
Get in touch
Business Development Director
We can work with you to make a positive change which will reduce business costs, make a positive impact on local lives, as well as reducing the risk of creating less welcome impacts on the community in which you are based and the environment as a whole.