Accreditation and awards
National Award for Environmental Excellence
Our National Award for Environmental Excellence is a ground-breaking national award programme to support, recognise and reward organisations of all sizes across Scotland on their path to environmental excellence.
This award provides a standardised method to assess and benchmark environmental achievement and improvements whilst giving clear insights into the impact on local environmental quality and the role your organisation has within your local community. It sets the foundation for an effective and robust organisation wide environmental management system.
It has been designed as an entry stage tool that enables your organisation to make incremental changes to your environmental quality policies and practices. Even small changes to environmental quality can save time and money and tracking improvements through the award is an excellent way for your organisation to demonstrate that you take your social responsibilities seriously, and gain independent recognition for your efforts.
The award supports and integrates with other quality management systems and can help evidence improvements in practices over the five elements of:
- Environmental Quality – external
- Environmental Quality – internal
- Waste management
- Community engagement
Benefits of the Award for Environmental Excellence:
- Saves time and money in the tendering process for waste management contracts
- Develops better procurement processes with a focus on long-term sustainability
- Helps to reduce waste
- Helps to increase recycling rates
- Helps to improve customer satisfaction and increased customer footfall
- Develops stronger corporate social responsibility strategies
To find out how the Keep Scotland Beautiful Award for Environmental Excellence can help your organisation meet its corporate, social and legal responsibilities please contact our team on 01786 471333 or email email@example.com
Green Flag Award
The Green Flag Award was launched in 1996 to recognise and reward the best green spaces in the country. We deliver the Green Flag Award scheme in Scotland, and have done so since 2013. Working as part of a UK wide partnership, with Keep Britain Tidy, Keep Northern Ireland Beautiful and Keep Wales Tidy, the Green Flag Award scheme is the UK benchmark standard for parks and green spaces.
We offer two levels of Green Flag Award:
- Parks and green spaces managed by local authorities/duty bodies
- Community award for quality green spaces managed by voluntary and community groups
Awards are made on an annual basis and winners must apply each year.