In January 2015, using proceeds from the single use carrier bag charge collected by Tesco, Keep Scotland Beautiful will give out grants fixed at £250 to 200 local groups from across Scotland. The grants will help communities to make small improvements to their local environment, bringing people together and raising a smile. The scheme is now closed for applications. To read about the 200 successful groups, please click here.
EXAMPLES OF ACTIVITY
Organise a clean up and purchase litter pickers, tabards, disposal bags and a small snack for the volunteers.
Organise a youth group to clear a neglected border or verge and plant some bulbs and flowers to encourage wildlife.
Re-cycle old containers and use as pots for sowing native flower seeds, herbs and fruit.
- Local action to improve the local environment
- Delivered in an environmentally sustainable manner
- Involves and benefits the community
- Volunteer led
- Local neighbourhood/ friendship groups
- Local volunteer groups
- Not for profit organisations and groups