Stuart joined the Board of Keep Scotland Beautiful in 2012. Until March of 2012 Stuart was Executive Director of Environment & Development Services at Fife Council and acted as the strategic lead for Sustainable Development and Climate Change.
Prior to local government Stuart had a long career in housing, latterly as a Director with Scottish Homes, the National Housing Agency, managing Regional teams in the delivery of multi-million pound, strategically targeted, housing development programmes and development of corporate policy and business management programmes.
Stuart’s non-executive work has included:
- Board Member of Fife Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member of Small Business Gateway Fife
- Board Member of Fife Environmental Trust and Burntisland Development Trust
- Government’s Task Force for Community Planning
- Government’s Advisory Group for New Housing Partnerships and Rough Sleepers Initiative
- Board Member of Scottish Council for Development and Industry
Stuart has a long association with Keep Scotland Beautiful through his involvement with the Sustainable Scotland Network where he was vice-chairman of the national Steering Group.